Friday, January 18, 2013

Our 10 Year Old That Isn't Here

scan0007In the short time that Jonathan was in our lives he sure made the rounds, and we captured some silly moments along the way too!
Easter FamilyWe spent our field work and vicarage years in Corunna, Indiana. We celebrated Jonathan's Easter here.
15 May 24Believe it or not, Jonathan's friend Noah was born 5 days after him. 
18 May 27 copy BWe had a lot of fun making the children smile. I'm pretty sure my Lutheran Stud is standing somewhere behind me making silly faces.

Oct.6.03-Sept.26.04 00017At the young age of 5 months Jonathan got to visit Mount Rushmore and then it was on to Washington. It was a long road trip from Indiana to South Dakota to Washington.
JonathanI'm sure this kid would have grown up to be a joker. My Lutheran Stud liked to make him laugh.
28A August 18 IThese two were best buds.
Oct.6.03-Sept.26.04 00040Jonathan even made it to a birthday party!
30 September 7Then, he and I took off on a plane by ourselves. We landed in Seattle for a wedding. He was quite a traveled little boy. 

Today would be his 10th birthday. It's hard to believe all that time has gone by. My Lutheran Stud and I love to talk about what things would be like, in our wild household, if he was still around. Would he be an instigator or a problem solver? Would eg his siblings on or would he be the level headed one? We'll always wonder. There a lot of things we'll always wonder about but, we'll never have to worry about our chunky, chubby cheeked little boy because we know he is safe in the arms of our Lord Jesus in heaven. We miss him immensely, but knowing he is in heaven helps just a tiny little bit. We'll celebrate that 10th birthday in heaven someday. Until then, we just remember him in the photos we have and thank the Lord for the short time he was able to spend with us. Happy birthday, Jonathan.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

I remember Noah's hair! It was out of control and would not be tamed.

We can't wait to see you again, Jonathan, and save me a spot on those cheeks to smooch.

Heather said...

I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones but I cried just from reading the title of this post.

Thank you for sharing all these photos! He looks a lot like Rachel, in my opinion. So happy too :)

Gretchen said...

Hugs to you today, Jan. Ten years... feels like yesterday. Even though your babies all look similar, they are all unique. Jonathan, too (especially those cheeks!), and I bet you will be delighted to discover some day his one of a kind personality. xoxo

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan! The pics are wonderful, thank you for sharing!
Kristi

Laura Melius said...

Thoughts, hugs, prayers . . . doesn't seem like 10 years since our vacation together in the Black Hills! What a beautiful boy. Always in our hearts. So blessed to have known him!

Amy said...

I will always and forever have the picture of Jonathan and Noah seered in my heart and mind! What a great post in memory of your beautiful baby boy! Sending lots of love and hugs your way!

Adriane said...

I can't wait to meet Jonathan in heaven. You and Jared and the kids can have the first smooch, but his cheeks are mine after that! Ok, after Lauren has her turn. And Jesus. He's the one, after all, who said, "Let the little children come to me." And we wouldn't have it any other way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God for the special memories we have of him when you made our home a way station on the way to South Dakota late that summer. Time for me to break out some old pictures and remember how he felt in my arms.
Love to you all,
Gail